Monday 16 February 2015

Surviving Half Term Part 2

It was Penguins of Madagascar this morning at the cinema.  I thought this was a spin off of a sequel but it still managed to cast Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich so that shows what I understand of film marketing.

We raided the Christmas sweet cupboard for treats and brought our own drinks because I cannot bring myself to pay cinema prices for snacks.  My mum told me she could not understand the modern audience's obsession with eating at every performance and this must be the only time I would allow them to have sweets at this time of day.  I think she may be right.

This afternoon the rain defeated me and we ended up at soft play for £16.  This was not in my budget, but Kettering and Northampton museums don't open on a Monday, rather like hairdresser's.  We slightly made up for this by eating packed lunch in the car, just to remind me of my childhood holidays in the Lake District and Rhyl.


No comments:

Post a Comment