Friday 8 August 2014

I've been waiting all year for this.

Six weeks!  It's that time of year again!  What all teachers have been waiting for...

I've planned to go camping on Sunday.  According to BBC weather; the only forecast I trust; there is "yellow rain" alert on the day I intend to go and it will rain for the rest of the week.  Don't get me wrong, much of my camping life has been spent in the rain, most of it was in the Lake District; I once walked the Pennine Way, taking 19 days and it rained on every single day.  Bar one. But the idea of putting the tent up in the rain, battling the remnants of a former hurricane, seems to be setting myself for failure.  We will see.

So far the holiday has been delightful.  I have successfully vacuumed one floor properly for the first time in three weeks in a post- marking blitz but strangely I feel like I am working harder then before.  All I want is a cup of coffee, watching "Homes Under the Hammer" with everyone back at work.  However, now Depressed Aggressive Neurotic husband is working from home I can't see that ever happening again.

I miss my Tuesday lunch time, my one day off - it's like my pub night.  I haven't yet done enough work and I am so anxious about it that I haven't yet summoned up the courage to check my email.  Any of my emails.  There could be a whole load of unspent Pizza Express vouchers in there.  Not quite sure when the relaxation begins.

Once again I have only myself to blame.  What's wrong with me?  I worked 5 days a week, Dan worked 3 before July.  I did all the bedtimes, packed lunches and dinners, now it's the "holidays" and I am still doing all the bedtimes, all the dinners and, oh yes, the packed lunches!  How are all these cheerful people so happy about not making cream cheese sandwiches, chopping up carrot sticks and wrapping oat biscuits in foil?  We seem to be picknicking (Not sure about that verb...) every day.  And these picnics seem more difficult than your standard packed lunch.  (Actually, that is mostly my fault.  I want salad which is more fiddly.)  We have crisps.  Crisps! And biscuits.  And for some reason, we have plates.  All of which creates more washing up and substantially more work.

I am rubbish at this.  I should probably go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment