Saturday 7 September 2013

Week 1 - The gentle introduction

Husband Dan (Depressed Anxious Neurotic) is barely speaking to me.  This is not unusual, given his state of mind and there are extenuating circumstances.  I do appear to have systematically trashed the already untidy house in the course of the last six weeks, we have no money and no means of getting any for another month and we go back to work in a matter of days.

Once again I wonder how I have spent the last few weeks.  I don't appear to have been working which will explain  the absolute panic and anxiety dreams which have started already.  If it had been the start of a half term break I would have thrilled and excited but as we only had 1/6th of our time left it makes it almost impossible to enjoy the last week.

Mildly Autistic and Exasperating Son (Max) has become increasingly unsettled and is shouting at me for asking him to do unreasonable tasks (such as load the dishwasher and pick up his clothes) interspersed with bursting into tears of remorse.

I am, actually, making increasingly unreasonable demands on my children.  I keep expecting them to be able to answer questions like; "What is the matter with you?"  and "Why did I put you on the stairs?"  I am dreading going to back to work and equally thrilled that when I am at work I am entitled to 4 periods of PPA a week.  That sort of time is not incorporated into a week on holiday.  At home I do not have any access to planning, or preparation time.  When I suggest that I go into school for half a day to prepare, Dan is extremely unwilling to lose his final catch up time with series 4 of "Dexter".  His willingness to support me fully in my career does not extend as far as actual, practical help.

No comments:

Post a Comment